December 22, 2014

My First Jelly Sandwich Manicure!


I've finally tried the magic that is the jelly sandwich. If you're unfamiliar with this technique, it's when you use a "jelly" polish as your base (Zoya Frida is a great example), add a layer of glitter in between, and finish it off with more of the jelly polish on top. It makes it so the glitter in between is sandwiched between the layers of polish and almost looks squishy. Know what I mean? I hope so! Well, it makes for an awesome-looking manicure and you should read on if you'd like to know what colors I used for this look.

I used two coats of OPI Passion and let it dry. The glitter in between is Wet n Wild's Party of Five Glitters and after that set, I topped it off with one more coat of the OPI. I didn't want to use too much more of the polish on top because I didn't want to mask all the goodness under it!

I'm totally in love with this look, particularly because it reminds me of cupcake sprinkles. Have you ever tried a jelly sandwich? What are your favorite colors to use for it? Let's chat in the comments section.

xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment