September 27, 2014

Super Simple Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe !




The weather is cooling down and it'll be cold before you know it — and you know what that means: dry skin! I don't know about you, but I want some soft, moisturized hands this Winter. If you're with me, check out the super simple (and delicious-smelling!) recipe I use for my homemade hand scrub.


Ingredients
Coconut Oil
Sea Salt
Essential Oil

Directions
Mix your sea salt with your coconut oil at a 2:1 ratio. I usually go for 1 cup of sea salt with 1/2 cup of coconut oil, but you can make however much or little you want, using the ratio. Next, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. I love Eucalyptus Mint. It smells amazing!

Other Tidbits
Both coarse or fine sea salt would work great in this recipe. If you'd prefer a less fragrant variation, simply leave out the essential oil. You can also opt for refined coconut oil which smells less "coconutty" than unrefined. Coconutty is a word, right? It should be.

Do you have a favorite scrub that you use? Do you enjoy creating your own beauty recipes at home? Let's chat in the comments!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment